1. Being called a Scouser by everyone apart from actual Scousers, who refer to you as a “Plastic Scouser”.
2. Trying to explain to people what exactly a “peninsula” is and realising before you’ve even started that they really don’t care.
3. Having to explain to people you meet on holiday that you’re from ‘near Liverpool’
4. Never knowing quite why you live “on” the Wirral and not “in” the Wirral.
5. Never properly enjoying a birthday again once you’re too old to visit the Crocky Trail.
6. Visiting actual Brighton and realising the audacity of the name New Brighton in comparison.
7. Feeling the urge to tell everyone you meet that Daniel Craig is from the Wirral.
8. Taking your driving test on the Lever Causeway and feeling your rapidly impending death approach.
9. Dealing with a lifelong fear of marshes because you’ve heard the horror stories of people lost forever after climbing over the wall at Park Gate.
10. Not being able to stop yourself singing along when you hear “Ferry Across the Mersey”. Particularly when they play it on the actual ferry.
11. Feeling a sense of loyalty towards shopping centres after all the time you spent hanging out at the Birkenhead Pyramids.
12. Having to accept the ridiculously high fare of any taxi willing to take you back to the Wirral after a night out in Liverpool.
13. Visiting Central Park in New York and being less than impressed because you know the design is based on Birkenhead Park and it will always reign supreme.
14. Counting the number of hours you’ve lost trying to navigate Clatterbridge roundabout and breaking out in a sweat at the thought of driving around it.
15. Joining in with the Wirral’s obsession with golf, particularly during the Open Championships at Royal Liverpool when the celebrity sightings ramp up.
16. Not being sure if you can actually swim or not because you spent all your time in Europa Pools just dodging the terrifying wave machine.
17. Spotting the Mersey tunnel in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and needing to point it out every time the movie is on.
18. Venturing out for the night in Birkenvegas and immediately getting in a fight.
19. Feeling sorry for people who didn’t grow up with beautiful, beachy shorelines all around them.